This privacy notice was last updated on 1 August 2019.
Consort Medical Privacy Notice
At Consort Medical plc, we place great emphasis on maintaining your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect from you (including on this site), how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. Our Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
We are Consort Medical plc, a public limited company registered in the United Kingdom. (registered number 00406711). We are located at Suite B, Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK, HP2 4TZ.
We are the controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA“). This means in relation to the personal information you provide to us we will determine why and how it is used.
How we collect your personal information
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, country of residence, telephone number, occupation, and email address) on this site. We also receive personal information about you in the following ways:
- Directly from you: we give you the opportunity to submit your details to us via the contact forms on our website or directly to us at events and conferences by completing a lead enquiry form or providing a business card;
- Through communication with you: if you contact us via email or by phone, we may keep a record of that correspondence and retain your contact details;
- Through cookies: we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on the parts of the site you visit, the type of browser you use and the times you access the site. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information; and
- Through CCTV: your image may be captured on CCTV when you visit our premises.
What we do with your personal information
We will process your personal information in connection with the management of our relationship with you for the following purposes:
- to contact you by e-mail or by post and to send you details about our products, product news and updates (where we have received your consent to do so, or we believe that you may be interested in the material as it relates to similar products or services you have previously acquired, or indicated your interest in acquiring, from us);
- for administrative purposes in relation to the security and access of our systems, premises, platforms and secured websites and applications;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend our legal rights;
- to respond to your requests and manage our relationship with you; and
- to improve our level of service and the content of our communications.
The types of personal information which we process
We typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- Your name, title, work email address and other work contact details;
- Your role, position and/or job title within your employment, occupation ;
- Your area /department of employment (e.g. marketing, sales, procurement);
- Details of your preferences for types of marketing events;
- Details of your visits to our premises; and
- Country of residence.
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure all of your personal information is up to date. However, you can assist us with this considerably by promptly contacting us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you provide to us.
How we use your personal information
We will only process your personal information where:
- you have given your consent to such processing, you may withdraw this consent at any time, as detailed below;
- the processing is necessary to provide our services through this website (including to send you information about products that you have indicated you are interested in);
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information (as detailed below).
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve the site, analyse trends and gather broad demographic information. We may pass this information to third parties.
We may use CCTV imagery for a number of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To prevent crime and maintain the security of our premises from damage, disruption, vandalism and other crime;
- For the personal safety of staff, visitors, and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime;
- To support law enforcement bodies in the prevention, detection and prosecution of crime;
- To assist in the day to day management, including the health and safety of staff and others;
- To assist in the effective resolution of disputes which arise in the course of disciplinary or grievance proceedings; and
- To assist in the defence of any civil litigation, including employment tribunal proceedings.
Sending your personal information internationally
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to (including accessed in or stored in) a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including to countries whose laws may not offer the same level of protection of personal information as are enjoyed within the EEA. We will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the DPA. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within our group companies or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but may include Europe, Asia, India, and other countries where we have a presence or use contractors.
Who else might receive your personal information
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information in the ways set out in this notice and, in particular, to the following recipients:
- to any of our group companies;
- to third parties who process your personal information on our behalf (such as our systems providers);
- to any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- to any prospective buyer in the event we sell any part of our business or assets; and/or
- to any government, regulatory agency, enforcement or exchange body or court where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
How we protect your personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the sites designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our sites. CCTV imagery is retained in a secure environment and is only accessible by authorised personnel with a legitimate reason to do so.
If you would like to update your personal information or marketing preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, or request that we stop processing your personal information or request a copy of your personal information please contact us by:
- Emailing us at: Dataprotection@consortmedical.com; or
- Writing to us at: Suite B, Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4TZ
Access and Correction
To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the personal information they provide through the site, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
How long we will keep your personal information for
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
CCTV images could be retained for up to 30 calendar days after which point it will be deleted. Imagery may be retained for longer periods if required for investigative or evidential purposes.
How you can contact us
If you have any queries about the contents of this privacy statement, or would like to raise a complaint or comment, please contact us by:
- Emailing us at: DataProtection@consortmedical.com; or
- Writing to us at: Suite B, Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4TZ
Who you can complain to
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us at the details above and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law, you can escalate your complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. Our data protection regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, https://ico.org.uk.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will post a prominent notice on this web page to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.