Consort Medical’s Charities Policy aims to promote education and opportunity and encourage the involvement of employee in community and charitable activities and organisations. We consider nominations for our supported ‘Charity of the Year’ from our employees. For the current financial year we are supporting the North Hertfordshire branch of ‘SANDS’, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity and Big C in Norfolk.
As a significant regional employer, Consort Medical plc is committed to supporting the patient populations it serves and the communities in which it operates. This support is provided through charitable donations, community sponsorship activities and staff volunteering efforts.
We will consider support for the following:
- Charities, organisations and high profile local events within the local communities in which our staff, live and work (whether or not aligned to our businesses or to health generally).
- Charitable causes which are aligned with health, health education and welfare, and medically related scientific research outside of the scope of the company’s products.
In applying these criteria
- Save in exceptional circumstances, will support only charitable causes which are within one of the criteria above. These may for example include patient education, families support and medical research in the therapy areas in which we operate.
- We will encourage volunteering efforts in the communities in which we operate, linking with organisations that promote “partnerships” between businesses and the community.
- We will consider sympathetically requests for our resources to be used to support national and regional appeals.
- In supporting educational initiatives, we will in particular look to support those with an emphasis on technical and scientific development.
Our policy precludes donations to animal charities, or specific religious ethnic or political groups or parties.
Consort Medical plc and its subsidiaries will not enter into any charitable or other such donations, sponsorship’s or support activities that will in any way be construed or interpreted either implicitly or explicitly as an inducement or obligation to procure products or services provided by the company.