We recognise the impact our business has on our stakeholders and society including the environment.
We continually review and explore ways to ensure that our business operates in a responsible and sustainable manner across our key focus areas of: health and safety, environmental management, our people, ethical business practices and how we interact and support our local communities. We remain committed to ensuring these activities remain embedded in how we operate and contribute towards the success of our business.
We convene regular meetings of our Sustainability Committee, chaired by Non-Executive Director Ian Nicholson. These meetings are attended by senior leaders from across the group, with the aim to review current performance, and challenge the business in meeting future targets and objectives in each of our impact areas:
- Health and Safety — ensuring the safety and well-being of our staff
- Environment — managing our environmental impact areas of waste, energy and water
- Employees — supporting our people to develop and flourish within the business
- Ethical Standards — operating to the highest ethical standards
- Community — positive interaction with the communities in which we operate
For further details on our progress in each of these areas please see our Corporate Responsibility Report for the year ended 30 April 2018 which can be found on pages 30 to 41 of our Annual Report 2018